Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Saturday Josh and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. I could not have found a better soul mate, best friend, and father to call my husband. Through this journey with Kirby we have grown stronger in our faith but also in our relationship. Also, I need to send out a huge THANK YOU to all the nurses on 8d who have arranged for Josh and I to have some much needed time together. The nurses have set up a massage, a room at the William Aiken House and dinner to treat us. Also, a huge THANK YOU to our parents who have agreed to stay with Kirby. I know we will be refreshed after spending some time together.

As far as the results from yesterday's tests, things seem unchanged from the previous CT scan and echo.  Thank you Lord! The doctor actually stated "that things seem a little better for some reason". We know that it is b/c of so many prayers going up for this sweet baby girl. It was very tough seeing Kirby after her procedures yesterday. They had to give her general anesthesia which means they had to put in the ventilator and she had to recover in the PCICU. She did not like this at all as she began to wake up and she look so helpless as she looked into my eyes. They were able to remove the ventilator pretty quick and she was able to return to her room last night instead of spending the night in the PCICU. I love the nurses in PCICU but I do not miss being down there day in and day out at all.

The plan it to continue letting her grow and get bigger so they can do the next surgery. The surgeon was able to get good views of the valves so he can plan the repair. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers!


 Beautiful!
And we let these people take care of our child....... Love these ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley you and Josh are amazing parents of Kirby's! I am not only amazed by your courage every day, I also admire your daily bedside dedication!! You and Josh are one of a kind...Kirny has no idea what amazing parents and grandparents she has!!!

    ReplyDelete